Fengyuan was born in Beian, a small city in the very north of China. She joined the group as a research assistant in 2008 after obtaining the B.S. degree from University of Science and Technology of China (USTC).
- TEM/Cs-corrected STEM on ferromagnetic materials like Fe3O4, Fe4N and Heusler Alloys.
- Cs-correct STEM on interfaces of the ferromagnet/oxides insulating barrier in magnetic tunnel junctions (MTJs).
- STEM EELS investigation on the Fe oxides materials
- Fengyuan Shi, H Xiang, JJ Yang, MS Rzchowski, YA Chang, PM Voyles, “Inverse TMR in a nominally symmetric CoFe/AlOx/CoFe junction induced by interfacial Fe3O4 investigated by STEM-EELS”, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 324, 2012
- Fengyuan Shi, H Xiang, M S Rzchowski, Y A Chang, and P M Voyles, “High-Quality, Smooth Fe3O4 Thin Films on Si By Controlled Oxidation of Fe in CO/CO2”, MRS Proceedings 1430 (1), 2012
- Hua Xiang, Fengyuan Shi, “Reactive sputtering of (Co, Fe) nitride thin films on TiN-bufferd Si”, Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing, 2012
- Damian Reyes-Luyanda, Josseant Flores-Cruz, Pedro J Morales-Pérez, Luis G Encarnación-Gómez, Fengyuan Shi, Paul M Voyles, Nelson Cardona-Martínez, “Bifunctional Materials for the Catalytic Conversion of Cellulose Into Soluble Renewable Biorefinery Feedstocks”, Topics in Catalysis, 2012
- Hua Xiang, Fengyuan Shi, C Zhang, M S Rzchowski, P M Voyles, and Y A Chang, “Synthesis of Fe3O4 thin films by selective oxidation with controlled oxygen chemical potential”, Scripta Materialia 65, 739–742, 2011
- Hua Xiang, Fengyuan Shi, “Epitaxial growth and thermal stability of Fe4N film on TiN buffered Si (001) substrate”, Journal of Applied Physics 109 (7), 2011
- Hua Xiang, Fengyuan Shi, Mark Rzchowski, Paul Voyles, and Y Chang, “Epitaxial growth and magnetic properties of Fe3O4 films on TiN buffered Si(001), Si(110), and Si(111) substrates”, Applied Physics Letters, 97, 092508, 2010
Manuscripts under preparation:
- Fengyuan Shi, Hua Xiang, Mark Rzchowski, Y.Austin Chang and Paul M. Voyles, “Kinetic control of the growth of low defect density, smooth Fe3O4 thin films on buffered Si by CO2/CO oxidation” under preparation
- Fengyuan Shi, Hongxi Liu, Masafumi Yamamoto, “HRSTEM of the influence of MgO steps on the Co2MnSi/MgO interface terminations in magnetic tunnel junctions”, under preparation
Abstracts and Presentations
- “High-quality, smooth Fe3O4 thin films on Si by controlled oxidation of Fe in CO / CO2“, Fengyuan Shi, Hua Xiang, Mark Rzchowski, Y.Austin Chang and P.M.Voyles, Poster in 2012 Spring MRS in San Fransisco, CA
- “STEM and STEM EELS Characterization of Low Defect Density, Smooth Fe3O4 Thin Films on Buffered Si by Kinetically Controlled Selective Oxidation”, Fengyuan Shi, Hua Xiang, Mark Rzchowski, Y.Austin Chang and P.M.Voyles, Presentation in 2012 Microscopy and Microanalysis Conference in Phoenix, AZ
- “High Precision STEM Imaging by Non-Rigid Alignment and Averaging of a Series of Short Exposures”,B Berkels, AB Yankovich, F Shi, PM Voyles, W Dahmen, R Sharpley, P Binev, 2012 Microscopy and Microanalysis Conference in Phoenix, AZ