Dan was born in Taixing, a city in Jiangsu Province of China. She received her B.S. degree in Applied Physics from Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (BUAA) in 2008. In 2012, she got her M. Sc. degree (Research in Physics) from Trinity College Dublin (TCD, The University of Dublin), Ireland. After that, she started her PhD study in Stuttgart Center for Electron Microscopy (StEM) in Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research (MPI-FKF) located in Stuttgart Germany, and obtained her PhD degree from the Department of Material Science and Geoscience in Technische Universität Darmstadt at the end of 2015. She joined Voyles Group as post-doctoral research associate in January, 2016.
Dan’s current work in Voyles group will focus on quantitative STEM and fluctuation electron microscopy.
- D. Zhou, PhD thesis, Aberration-Corrected Analytical Transmission Electron Microscopy of Light Elements in Complex Oxides: Application and Methodology, http://tuprints.ulb.tu-darmstadt.de/5236/
- D. Zhou, K. Müller-Caspary, W. Sigle, F. F. Krause, A. Rosenauer, P. A. van Aken, Sample tilt effects on atom column position determination in ABF-STEM imaging, Ultramicroscopy 160, 110-117, 2016.
- D. Zhou, W. Sigle, M. Kelsch, H. U. Habermeier, P.A. van Aken, Linking atomic structure and local chemistry at manganese-segregated antiphase boundaries in ZrO2-La2/3Sr1/3MnO3 thin films, Advanced Materials Interfaces 2, 1500377, 2015.
- D. Zhou, W. Sigle, E. Okunishi, Y. Wang, M. Kelsch, H. Habermeier, P.A. van Aken, Interfacial chemistry and atomic arrangement of ZrO2-La2/3Sr1/3MnO3 pillar-matrix structures, APL Materials, 12/2014, 2(12), 127301.
- D. Zhou, X. Su, M. Boese, R. Wang, H. Zhang, Ni(OH)2@Co(OH)2 hollow nanohexagons: controllable systhesis, facet selected competitive growth and capacitance property, Nano Energy 5, 52-59, 2014.
Awards and Honors
- Microscopy & Microanalysis (M&M) 2015 Best Poster Award 1st place in Physical Science, August 2-6, 2015, Portland, OR, USA
- International Federation of Societies for Microscopy (IFSM) School Young Scientist Award, Pre-school of 18th IMC, September 6-7, 2014, Prague, Czech Republic
- Microscopy & Microanalysis (M&M) 2014 Presidential Scholar award , August 3-7, 2014, Hartford, CT, USA
- European Materials Research Society Young Scientist Award, 2014 E-MRS Spring Meeting, May 26-30, Lille, France